Keto Works

Started keto after trying everything under the sun that I could think of. Like I said before, I started sleeping through the night in 3 days, I could finally eat and not be afraid of what was going to happen after, I was more emotionally balanced, my joints didn't hurt so much, and even though I didn't lose weight right away my face wasn't as swollen. Before keto, I was also perpetually hungry. I had to manage how much I ate externally bec no matter how much I ate I'd still be hungry. I just accepted it as my reality at the time. After keto, 3 mths to the day, eating lunch I realized I was full. I couldn't believe it! I called my man at work, wanted to post it everywhere, then realized that most people won't care I'm full from lunch. It just felt like at last something was finally working right.
Terrified of going to the doctor just to hear that I needed to be on medication for the rest of my life, I postponed it as long as possible. My weight started coming down very slooooowly, and in abt a year I visited my MD. After blood tests it was obvious my thyroid wanted to give up on life and the world made sense. Now I knew what was going on. My hormones were out of whack and naturally he said I need drugs. I felt, however, that I was making progress without and I'd give it sometime before I went that route. I placed special focus on supporting my thyroid and just listened to my body. Six months later my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was on the high side of normal. Soooooo happy to hear good news! At this point, well, last I checked, my TSH is on the high end of normal and I'm really pleased with my progress. I've lost those 50lbs I gained with much patience and endurance. I heard this a long time ago and now it resonates from personal experience "You don't lose weight to be healthy, you have to get healthy to lose weight ".

Comments