Body positivity

So I'm sitting on my bed thinking about all this body positivity stuff. Things like what it means to be confident in your body, and  should I confirm my perceived sexiness with the world to prove I'm confident. In the land of weight loss, do I want my old body back? Will I or can I ever get it back?
As a young lady, I can tell you that I had that popular IG body type in my teens and  my twenties. My health was also really good considering I managed fatigue, which is inevitable with sickle cell, but all in all I was really hot πŸ”₯πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I'm not saying that in a conceited fashion or to be arrogant, but looking back I really did have a lovely figure. You know, all those years I never appreciated my body. All that time was wasted in self criticism and doubt. All the, this could be better, my this is not good enough. I've always been fairly slim and athletic, sort of, but I always felt overweight. For someone who was 5'8" at 130lbs that's a bit ridiculous.
Fast forward to my last two babies. I gained 60lbs, my hormones and health were shattered, and there were times I genuinely thought I'd never get back to where I was. It was so painful to look in the mirror and not recognize myself. I realized that my dream body was the body I took for granted all those years. I told myself that if I could ever get back there I would love and appreciate my body. No longer would I belittle my home but I could care for it with genuine appreciation.
Now, I've lost all the weight I gained, my health is continuing to improve, and I don't care to get my old body back. That body was beautiful in its time and it served me well (it's how we ended up with all these babies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚). Now I have this body. It's been through a lot, has more miles, but I'm genuinely grateful for the body I have today. I don't have to show my physique to strangers to prove it. I'm really happy just looking in the mirror. There's only one other person for whom I care to be sexy for and he sees all of the things πŸ˜…, he's pretty happy too πŸ˜„.

Comments